Meet the Creators of The Sandbox Metaverse
Sébastien Borget, Erich Wong, Physical and Online Workshop
What does “metaverse” mean to you? Meet The Sandbox, one of the world’s leading metaverse platforms, a virtual gaming world where players can build and own their gaming experiences powered by blockchains and NFTs. But gaming is only the beginning of its unlimited possibilities – international and local brands like Gucci, Adidas and MTR are already collaborating with The Sandbox to build out their own metaverse.
The workshop is a can’t miss opportunity to learn directly from the creators of The Sandbox how it is built and played by over 2 million users around the globe. It will start with a short presentation by Sebastien Borget, the company’s Co-Founder and COO, to introduce this decentralised, community-driven gaming ecosystem where created assets can be shared to co-create metaverse. This is followed by project showcases presented by Erich Wong, The Sandbox’s Head of Growth (HK), along with two local creative studios, PANGU by Kenal and Index Game, to illustrate why metaverse is more than games, who are behind the creation of the virtual worlds, and how creators have captured the opportunities to transform brand experiences and beyond.
This workshop is delivered in blended mode: you can join the workshop virtually or physically, yet only on-site participants can join an exclusive tutorial session, led by PANGU by Kenal, to create your own metaverse asset for use on the Sandbox platform.
(Virtual) NYC | 02:30 - 04:30 (GMT-4)
(Virtual) LDN | 07:30 - 09:30 (GMT+1)
(Physical) HKG | 14:30 - 17:30 (GMT+8)
Format: Two types of participation:
- Physical participation (seminar with tutorial session)
- Virtual participation (zoom webinar without tutorial session)
Target Audience: Corporate or brand directors, marketers, creative agencies, design practitioners, start-ups or anyone interested in digital design, gaming or metaverse
Max Capacity: 20 pax for on-site participation
- To learn broader contexts on trends and development of metaverse (e.g. decentralised economy, user-generated content, NFTs etc), and the implications for our future;
- To understand the ecosystem of Sandbox – the different stakeholders involved and the value generated;
- To learn how HK creative companies are shaping the metaverse via Sandbox, and how non-gamers, gamers, creators, marketers and brands are co-creating new types of omnichannel experiences